POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Torus problem (69KB) : Re: Torus problem (69KB) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 14:16:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Torus problem (69KB)
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 24 Apr 2000 21:40:28
Message: <3904F7A6.AF260EC3@hotmail.com>
Bob Hughes wrote:

> This means to me that something goes wrong with that torus.  Not a complete surprise
> either since it's been said before by other people how that particular shape isn't
> reliable.
> The problem is in the inner part of the torus, even though usually an outer surface,
ends
> up inside itself.  So the raytracer must be confusing it entirely.

So it is the "ciagar" shape that messes up the
reflections.

That's a pity. =(

Is this to be considered as a bug ?

And if so, do you know if the other people you
mentioned have posted a bug report on the subject?

I have also noticed that this shape is hollow.
And therefore it doesn't behave in CSG operations.

Tor Olav
--
mailto:tor### [at] hotmailcom
http://www.crosswinds.net/~tok/tokrays.html